Webinar and Whitepaper: Enabling the Connected Vehicle Market to Thrive
The automotive market has always been a center of innovation. In the early days it was radios and mobile phones, and today we’re watching the future of autonomous driving, HD mapping and a variety of other services unfold. Connected vehicles are in everyone’s near future, and while their development holds immense opportunity, it also carries significant challenges.
AECC members Roger Berg and Christer Boberg recently joined Phil Marshall and Philippe Cases of Topio Networks in a webinar titled “Enabling the Connected Vehicle Market to Thrive,” which explored this very topic. The webinar covered connected vehicles, the opportunities in and around connected vehicles, how those opportunities are being developed and how the AECC is supporting that development. It included discussion on:
- The critical success enablers that will drive the update of these services.
- How the complex computing and connectivity resource orchestration can be coordinated between standards bodies and stakeholders with diverse charters, interests and commercial objectives.
- The cross-industry collaboration needed to address stakeholders’ respective interests and standardization body charters, with globally compatible solutions.
The webinar presentation shed some light on the opportunities, challenges, and solutions for this exciting industry, and the lively discussion and Q&A was a testament to the cross-industry interest connected vehicles are receiving. The webinar is now available in its entirety and can be viewed here.
Additionally, we invite you to access the accompanying white paper here.
This whitepaper covers:
- Scaling emerging connected vehicle services for the mass-market
- Intelligent Driving
- V2Cloud Cruise Assist
- Mobility-as-a-Service concepts
- Extended services for the finance and insurance industries
If you are a stakeholder or potential stakeholder in the future of connected cars, we invite you to learn more about becoming a member of the AECC. With collaboration among OEMs, MNOs, cloud, app, and service providers, the AECC can help accelerate the development of high-value digital services across the ecosystem. Get in touch to learn how you can help invent the future of the connected car and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay up to date.